Eric is a Senior Fellow and Thought Leader on Digital Leadership with the International Center for Leadership in Education (ICLE). Prior to this he was the award-winning Principal at New Milford High School.
Under his leadership his school became a globally recognized model for innovative practices. Eric oversaw the successful implementation of several sustainable change initiatives that radically transformed the learning culture at his school while increasing achievement.
His work focuses on leading and learning in the digital age as a model for moving schools and districts forward. This has led to the formation of the Pillars of Digital Leadership, a framework for all educators to initiate sustainable change to transform school cultures. As a result Eric has emerged as an innovative leader, best selling author, and sought after speaker. His main focus is purposeful integration of technology to facilitate student learning, improve communications with stakeholders, enhance public relations, create a positive brand presence, discover opportunity, transform learning spaces, and help educators grow professionally.
Eric has received numerous awards and acknowledgements for his work. He is a CDE Top 30 award recipient, Bammy Award winner, NASSP Digital Principal Award winner, PDK Emerging Leader Award recipient, winner of Learning Forward’s Excellence in Professional Practice Award, Google Certified Innovator, Adobe Education Leader, and ASCD 2011 Conference Scholar. He has authored and co-authored the following:
▪ Uncommon Learning: Creating Schools That Work for Kids
▪ Digital Leadership: Changing Paradigms for Changing Times
▪ Communicating and Connecting With Social Media: Essentials for Principals
▪ What Principals Need to Know About Teaching and Learning Science
Mentioned in this podcast:
Eric’s choice for most influential books:
Drive by Daniel Pink
Linchpin by Seth Godin
Favorite site/app: EdShelf: A socially-curated discovery engine of websites, mobile apps, desktop programs, and electronic products for teaching and learning.
Notes from Eric:
- DLL brochure
- Latest white paper
- Readings – click on Our Latest Thinking and view the Digital Leadership documents
- Recent case studies that illustrate the results of our work
- Resource articles I have written: How to Integrate Google Apps with the Rigor Relevance Framework, Why Pedagogy First, Tech Second Stance is Key to the Future, and 5 Ways Digital Tools Are Transforming the Education Space.