Kelly interviews authors Stephen J. Valentine and Dr. Reshan Richards about their hot new book, Blending Leadership: Six Simple Beliefs for Leading Online and Off.
Kelly interviews these two incredible educators about how their book on leadership went from idea to publication and what the book is all about. The book is titled Blending Leadership: Six Simple Beliefs for Leading Online and Off by Stephen J. Valentine and Dr. Reshan Richards, with sketchnotes by Brad Ovenell-Carter.
This is the first interview Kelly hosted two guests, with each person being in a different location, and we are celebrating our 50th podcast. Yay!
Stephen and Reshan’s publisher, Jossey-Bass, sent me a copy of the book to review. It is great. The book is packed with great take-aways for everyone. The pictures, illustrations, and even the type of paper, a somewhat glossy magazine-like material, all work in harmony for a great experience and read. Add this book to your library and enjoy the interview.
• 2XU Socks: Yes, socks! These are my new secret weapon for teaching this year! I’ve been watching professional athletes wear them, and I thought, “Why not teaching?” The result? I have a super energy boost and less leg pain. Awesome!
• The blending leadership website: www.blendingleadership.com
• Stephen’s book recommendation: Originals: How Non-Conformists Move the World by Adam Grant
• Reshan’s app suggestion: Piano Maestro on iTunes: a free app to help you become better at playing the piano.
Inside the Wired Educator Testing Laboratory:
• Roger Wagner’s Hyperduino is back with an upgrade. Looking forward to reviewing this soon.
• Segway transport: Excited to be testing a Segway transport for educational possibilities. These look incredibly fun and handy. Many teachers need to be on other parts of the campus quickly. This may be the solution.
The Wired Educator Book Club: Here’s our Super-Secret Facebook Page! Click to request a spot.
Wired Educator Spotlight: We are proud to spotlight & promote teacher Jaclyn Pearson’s Donor’s Choose Goal: http://bit.ly/29wT3Uj to help her get some technology in her classroom. Email us and Wired Educator will promote your’s too.
Book List of upcoming interviews:
• Instant Relevance: Using Today’s Experiences to Teach Tomorrow’s Lessons by Denis Sheeran
• The Classroom Chef: Sharpen Your Lessons, Season Your Classes and Make Math Memorable by John Stevens and Matt V
(Enjoy the podcast & please subscribe & leave your review on iTunes. Thanks!)
Kelly Croy is an educator, author and speaker.